Rapid antigen test for personal use. Gives initial clues as to whether a Covid-19 infection could currently be present
Designed to be detected within the first 7 days of the onset of symptoms
Quick result directly on site after 15-20 minutes
Sampling in the front area of the nose
Apart from a watch for timekeeping, it contains everything you need to take a simple nasal swab and evaluate it on site
The MP Biomedicals SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test is an immunochromatography-based, one-step in vitro test. It is designed for the rapid, qualitative determination of SARS-CoV-2 antigen in anterior nasal swabs (front nose) of people with suspected COVID-19 within the first seven days after the onset of symptoms. The SARS-CoV-2 rapid antigen test should not be used as the sole basis for diagnosing or ruling out a SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Observe the instructions for preparation (see instructions for use enclosed with the product).
1. Bring kit components to room temperature prior to testing. Open the extraction solution away from your face, taking care not to spill anything
2. Pour the entire contents of the extraction solution into the extraction tube. Avoid contact between the two containers
3. Pick up the sealed pack of swabs. Identify the soft, textile tip
4. Carefully remove the swab from the packaging without touching the textile tip with your hands
5. Carefully insert the swab up to 2.5 cm into the nostril, turn it 3-4 times along the mucous membrane in the nostril, leave it in the nostril for a few seconds. Then repeat in the other nostril with the same swab. Do not insert the swab deeper if there is strong resistance or pain.
6. Insert swab with sample into extraction tube and rotate 3-5 times. Then leave the swab in the solution for 1 min
7. Remove the swab while squeezing the tube so that as much liquid as possible remains in the tube. Place the swab back in the swab pack
8. Place the cover cap with the dropper on the extraction tube
9. Open the foil pouch, remove the test cassette, place it on a flat, level surface. Use the test cassette immediately after opening
10. Turn the extraction tube upside down, press gently to add 3 drops of the test sample to the sample well. Avoid the formation of air bubbles
11. Read the result after 15-20 minutes. After more than 20 minutes, the result may be wrong.
Important: This is a simplified representation of the application. Before performing the test, read the instructions for use enclosed with the product completely and follow the step-by-step instructions contained therein. Also, familiarize yourself with the warnings and important information.
Disposal note: Put the used test components in sturdy, tear-proof rubbish bags and dispose of them as residual waste in accordance with local regulations.
Interpretation of results
How the result is determined and interpreted can be found in the instructions for use enclosed with the product. Please read them carefully. All details should be understood prior to performing the test. The test should not be used as the sole basis for the diagnosis or exclusion of a SARS-CoV-2 infection, but should be provided by a doctor after evaluating all clinical results and laboratory findings. If your result is positive, you should contact the nearest medical facility as recommended by your local authority. Your test result may be double-checked and the agency or agency will advise you on what to do next. Negative results do not rule out infection. If COVID-19 is suspected, the result should be confirmed by a PCR test.
Sensitivity = 96.19%, specificity = 99.20%.
Sensitivity describes how good a medical test is at recognizing those who are actually ill, i.e. those who have tested positive. Specificity describes the proportion of people who tested negative, i.e. healthy, received a correct result.
Current developments in the number of cases and the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2): www.rki.de