Provides a quick result about the possible presence of an infection with SARS-CoV-2
Designed for personal use
Quick and easy determination using saliva samples from the back of the throat
Result immediately after 15 min
For use in people between 18 and 75 years of age, in children under 18 years of age and people over 75 years of age, the test must be carried out by an authorized person
Please understand that there is currently a quantity limit per purchase in order to give everyone access to the corona rapid tests.
The COVID-19 antigen rapid test (colloidal gold) – saliva test is a rapid antigen test for personal use, which is used for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid proteins in saliva samples from the back of the throat.
With the exception of a stopwatch, the COVID-19 rapid antigen test (colloidal gold) – saliva test contains everything you need to simply take a saliva sample from the back of the throat and evaluate it on site.
The result of the test is available after 15-20 minutes.
Using the COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (Colloidal Gold) – Saliva Test
1) Open the sample collection tube with the solvent already present by unscrewing the colored cap.
2) Clear your throat or cough several times to collect saliva from the back of your throat and then spit it into the disposable bag. Repeat this process up to 4 times to collect enough saliva in the disposable bag.
3) Gently squeeze the thicker end of the pipette and suck up the saliva from the disposable bag up to the mark on the thinner part of the pipette.
4) Fill the saliva from the pipette into the opened sampling tube and close it again by screwing. Then invert the sample collection tube 4-5 times to mix the saliva with the test solution already contained.
5) Take the test cassette out of the packaging and place it flat on the table in front of you. Turn the sample collection tube upside down and, by carefully squeezing the sample collection tube, drop 2 drops of your sample onto the well marked “S” in the test cassette.
6) After 15 minutes you can read the test result from the test cassette. Warning: If you read the result after 20 minutes or later, the result is invalid and the test must be repeated with a new test.
Important: This is a simplified representation of the application. Before performing the test, read the instructions for use enclosed with the product completely and follow the step-by-step instructions contained therein.
Interpretation of results
How the result is determined and interpreted can be found in the instructions for use enclosed with the product. Please read them carefully. All details should be understood prior to performing the test.
A positive result indicates a SARS-CoV-2 infection. Please quarantine, follow local guidelines for self-isolation and contact a doctor or local health department immediately. A confirmatory PCR test is required.
Negative results do not rule out infection. In case of suspicion, repeat the test after 1-2 days. A negative test result is just a snapshot.
If the result is invalid, please repeat the test. If the result is still invalid, contact a doctor or a COVID-19 test center.
According to the manufacturer, the test has a sensitivity of 96.10% and a specificity of 99.00%.
Sensitivity describes how good a medical test is at recognizing those who are actually ill, i.e. those who have tested positive. Specificity describes the proportion of people who tested negative, i.e. healthy, received a correct result.
Current developments in the number of cases and the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2): www.rki.de